10/05/2022 Press release
TotalEnergies Marketing Egypt announces the winners of the 3rd edition of the Startupper of the Year Challenge by TotalEnergies
Following the selection of the Startupper of the Year Challenge winners by a local jury comprised of experts, the winners of this 2022 edition were awarded during an official award ceremony organized on the 10th of May 2022 at TotalEnergies Marketing Egypt Academy in Cairo.
The three winners of the Startupper of the Year Challenge in Egypt are:
- Alshaimaa Omar for the Award of Best Startup under 3 years old with EGAAD: an Agribusiness start-up specialized in producing high-quality liquid organic fertilizer through recycling the organic waste via bioprocess, their product is customized for various soils.
- Sherif Zikry for the Award of Best Business Creation Idea with Recyty: a platform that facilitates the delivery of e-receipts from the stores to the customers, Recyty strives to reach a receipt-less future to ensure a safe and a healthier environment.
- Ghada Hassan for the Award of Best Female Entrepreneur with Blutruve: An Egyptian startup manufacturing Biotechnology materials and Molecular Biology reagents for research purposes.
These young entrepreneurs will receive financial support amounting to 140,000 Egyptian pounds. They will also benefit from personalized coaching for the development of their project from Ashoka Arab World and media visibility for their projects.
In Egypt, 360 applications were submitted, of which 82 were complete, and 11 out of 15 finalists were able to pitch their projects in front of the local jury.
Each winner of this edition will have their project presented in front of a "Grand Jury" in charge of choosing, in mid-May, the three "Grand Winners" of the African continent amongst the 32 countries.
The 3rd edition of the Startupper of the Year Challenge by TotalEnergies in figures:
- 32 participating countries
- 35,000 registrations on the platform
- 13,885 complete applications on the platform
- 491 finalists pitched their project to a local jury